Sunday 23 February 2014

Review: Maybelline Great Lash


To me this mascara has instantly become my best friend; it's that favourite mug you use every time, that person who you always exchange a smile with or that song that lifts up your day. It's not big or flashy but it subtly creates a look for which I have been long searching for.






The brush is quite small, bristly and I found it excellent to work with. To create a high volume look I found you really had to layer up though because at first it doesn't deposit much on your eyelashes, but after a bit of wiggling about it's fine. Also, I found that it holds the curl very well throughout the day which is great for me because my lashes naturally point downwards. Very frustrating.

One of the main things I noticed about this mascara is that it is a very dry formula, this doesn't bother me as it gives a nice matte finish but if you don't like dry formulas then this is not for you. Along with this I expect that it will start to become increasingly dry and won't last that long, but as I have only had this for a short while I will update you if this happens. I suppose it may be because this is the waterproof version, which also works very well; it hardly ever smudges under my eyes - who ever wants to look like a panda?
 
Another thing that you can see in the image above is that the top of the mascara 'bottle' is getting a bit messy which is becoming more and more annoying by the day. But despite this I think it's a fantastic mascara and for only £4.99 you are definitely getting your moneys worth.
 
 Hope you enjoyed,
 




Follow me on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment