Wednesday 4 December 2013

Dragon's egg Bath Ballistic | Lush

Today I'm very excited to say that this is my first ever Lush bath product and I thought I would do you guys a little review!
How amazing is the packaging? I love it.






This is Dragon's egg which is a bath ballistic, if you don't know what a bath ballistic is it's basically a normal bath bomb which fizzes and bubbles up to create magic in your bath basically. Each bath bomb at Lush is so different and unique which is fantastic because you never really know what you're going to get ... until you get it. 




"Like an everlasting gobstopper, this ballistic keeps on revealing layer upon layer of surprises. It gives up its gifts in an unfolding drama, leaving you in a bath of molten gold. Along the way you will experience a firework display of colour, a fiery crackle of popping candy, a swirling landscape of creamy foam and a drift of paper dragon scales"

The smell:

 The first thing that came to mind when I smelt this was the sweet refreshers; probably from the Lemon oil and Jasmine absolute. I didn't notice the lemon scent at first but thinking about it now, it was more of a refresher smell which is kinda lemony. I think this is a great combination of scents to create a really nice aroma. Also, I was very surprised at how powerful the smell was, I only expected something faint but this definitely made the bathroom honk (in a good way).

What happened: 

Upon entering the water this started to fizz and produced a milky foam shown in the picture. This then slowly spread to cover the surface of the bath water. After the bath bomb had shrunk some more I suddenly noticed a stream of bright orange bubbles coming out of the ball. This was really cool because actual bubbles were produced compared to the initial fizzing of white - but I didn't see any glitter and the Lush website describes it as gold but all I got was orange. I was too bothered to this because the orange looked great as well.



The after math: 

This bath ballistic left my bath an amazing shade of orange. I was amazed. The picture shows it to be more yellowy but it was actually a darker orange. But it didn't end here - after I let the bath water out it left an unseen orange glitter on the bottom of the bath which I tried to capture on camera, don't really know if you can see that. And then to my mothers delight it very easily washed off without staining the bath at all! All I did was just turn the shower on and rinse it off - easy peasy lemon squeezy. 




Hope you enjoyed this and make sure to look out because things are about to get festive... ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment